Freeze TRX to get free Energy & bandwidth points, and an APR of up to 7.2%
By freezing TRX, users on TRON can get Energy and bandwidth points free of charge as well as an APR reward of up to 7.2%.Check the tutorial below:
1、 Open url:https://tronscan.org/#/sr/representatives
2、 Link wallet
3、 Click “Vote”
4、 Click “APR”
5、 Vote for the SR with the highest APR. If you have no TRON Power, please click “Obtain TRON Power”
6、 Freeze TRX to obtain TRON Power + bandwidth points/Energy. Both ways give you the same amount of TRON Power. Bandwidth points or Energy can be used to pay transaction fees or call contracts.
7. After TRX is freezed, enter the number of votes you want to cast, and click “Vote”
8. Open the “Personal Assets” page to claim the reward
9. Click “Claim Reward” and the reward will be deposited to your wallet
About voting on TRON
Any account is allowed to apply and has a chance to be an SR on TRON, and all accounts are allowed to vote. The top 27 candidates with the most votes will become SRs and be given the right to generate blocks.
Users have to freeze their TRX to vote. Each frozen TRX can be exchanged for a TRON Power for voting. Voters will receive a share of the rewards of the SR they vote for as their own rewards, which may vary depending on the rewards distribution ratio, number of votes and number of blocks generated.
1. Voting rewards may vary with the total number of votes, total number of votes for the SR, number of your votes for the SR, type of the SR, and the rewards distribution ratio set by the SR.
2. If you unfreeze your TRX, the TRON Power obtained by freezing will be removed and the corresponding votes you cast will thus be invalidated.
3. The total number of votes should not be less than 1 due to the limitations of TRON. If you want to cancel all your votes, you can unfreeze all the frozen TRX.
4. Actual rewards may differ from calculation due to failed block generation or other reasons.
Get bandwidth points & Energy
About TRON bandwidth points
Bandwidth points (BP) refer to the number of bytes available to an account for sending transactions. An active account can receive 5,000 BP for free every day. Users with frequent transactions need to freeze TRX for extra bandwidth points. If a user’s bandwidth points are insufficient, the system will consume a certain amount of TRX as the handling fee to execute the transaction. For newly-created TRON accounts that haven’t been activated yet, a random amount of TRX needs to be transferred from another address to the account in order to view the current Energy and bandwidth points on the Resources page.
About TRON Energy
Energy refers to the CPU resources consumed when running smart contracts. Similar to bandwidth points, Energy can also be obtained by freezing TRX, but accounts will not receive free Energy every day. Using DApps consumes Energy. Users can also directly spend TRX to offset the Energy (or bandwidth points) consumed when making a transaction.
Amount of bandwidth points & Energy obtained
Bandwidth points can be obtained from freezing TRX, and the amount of bandwidth points received = TRX frozen for bandwidth points / total TRX frozen for bandwidth points on the TRON network * 43,200,000,000. In other words, all users share a fixed amount of bandwidth points in proportion to the amount of TRX they freeze.
Energy can only be acquired from freezing TRX, and the amount of Energy received = TRX frozen for Energy / total TRX frozen for Energy on the TRON network * 50,000,000,000. In other words, all users share a fixed amount of Energy in proportion to the amount of TRX they freeze.
1. Only after three days can TRX frozen be unfreezed. TRX frozen for different resources can be unfreezed separately, yet with a minimum requirement of three days.
2. After unfreezing, the corresponding TP, bandwidth points (or Energy) or other types of resources will be removed.
3. You will receive 5,000 free bandwidth points every day.
4. Executing transactions on TRON costs bandwidth points only.
5. Executing smart contracts costs both bandwidth points and Energy.